Fun & Free Bicycle Education in Los Angeles.
Congratulations! Participating in a Bike Train is the most fun you can have getting to work. You don’t need special clothes, or any fancy bike stuff except for a functioning bike, helmet and (most likely) a lock. If you plan on riding at night, don’t forget lights!
Active ‘Drop-in’ Routes:
- Culver City – UCLA
- Silverlake to Pasadena/JPL
- Highland Park to DTLA
- Pasadena to Arts District (DTLA)
These routes are free to anyone – ask questions, enjoy riding with others, learn from experienced urban cyclists who have successfully completed training to make sure you’re getting a ride and a skilled instructor.
To join – email the conductor on the route you’d like to join.
Don’t see a route that works for you? We do paid 1:1, small and large group instruction, including complex custom Bike Trains programs for large institutions. Click HERE to request private instruction.
Ready to ride with us?
It’s pretty easy, but there’s a few things you should know.
1. Once you submit your email to a particular route, you’ll get an email announcing when the next Bike Train will happen, where to show up, when to be there and how to contact your conductor if you need anything. You need to RSVP to that email address so the conductor knows to expect you.
2. BE ON TIME! Rides generally roll out between 6:30 – 8:30am. The conductor will be there 15 minutes in advance to drink coffee, hang out, introduce you to people and the route.
3. Be friendly and understand that we are all volunteers.
4. If you get a flat or cannot keep up with the group, text or call the Train Conductor.
5. Help others, spread the word and keep it awesome!